Uses & Benefits of CBD Oil
April 17, 2020 at 11:58 pm | Marijuana Legislation | Vote Ojeda -
CBD Oil is heralded as the new miracle drug of this generation. Richard Ojeda has been an advocate of cannabis and specifically CBD. But when it comes to CBD there is confusion about its composition, it benefits and uses. The benefits and uses of cbd oil need to be discussed with a view to pinpoint its potential as well as clear the misconceptions about this wonder drug.
What is Cannabidiol (CBD)?
Cannabidiol (CBD) is the second most prevalent of the active ingredients in Cannabis. It is derived directly from the Hemp plant, which is a cousin of the marijuana plant, and is an essential component of “medical marijuana”. CBD by itself does not cause the euphoric “high” that “Ganja” drug addicts look for. CBD does not cause any public health related problems associated with drug abuse, and no drug dependence either. CBD also known as ‘Cannabinoids’ is seen in the Cannabis plant that belongs to the Species of Cannabis Sativa. It is one among the 104 chemical compounds, found in the Cannabis Plant, belonging to the. CBD is non-intoxicating. Also, it has several therapeutic effects on the human mind and body. CBD Oil contains very little or no THC traces (Tetra Hydro Cannabinol, also found in the plant). CBD is not actually extracted from the Cannabis Plant, due to worries of high THC content. That is why it is extracted, from its cousin the Hemp plant, instead. Hemp has way lesser THC, about 0.3%. CBD is sold in various forms in the market. It is sold as Patch and Edibles, Skin Creams, Under-the-Tongue Sprays, Wax, Topical Solutions, Tincture, Soft Gel Capsules, and Concentrate. Its legal positions in many advanced countries are quite confusing, but its therapeutic value has prompted a new look at its legalization.
Benefits & Use
Some of the Main Benefits and uses of cbd oil are listed below:
- While CBD has been presented as a major pain management systemic drug, the evidence is still growing, as the Research into Cannabis-derived medication keeps growing.
- However, the major area in which its contribution is now irrefutable is in the treatment of the most severely painful child epilepsy syndromes, such as LGS (Lennox Gastaut Syndrome) and Dravet Syndrome. These two Syndromes do not respond to standard anti-seizure drugs, but CBD not only reduces the number of seizures drastically, but also the peak pain modes. In some cases, CBD has even affected total cure of these Syndromes.
- Recently, the FDA of US Government approved Epidiolex, which is the first ever medication that are cannabis-derived, for these Syndromes.
- CBD is commonly used to control Anxiety in psychological case treatment.
- CBD assists Insomniac treatment spectacularly well, both for falling asleep, and to continue with stable restful sleep.
- CBD applied externally on the skin helps lower pain and inflammation, particularly in arthritic cases.
- Neuropathic Pain and Inflammatory Pain are two of the most difficult and chronic types of pain to treat. CBD uses a mechanism which drastically reduces both these two types of Pain. Of course, far more intensive research is needed to achieve results that are fully accepted by the Scientific Community.
- Inflammation, both post and pre-surgical, is a very promising area for researching applications of CBD.
- CBD assists patients to remain calm during extreme nervous stress conditions, without any psychotropic side effects.
- As an ordinary physical supplement, CBD helps keep avoid skin dryness, when massaged into the skin.
- Apart from Epilepsy related treatment, CBD has been found yo be very effective in treating Heart problems.
- CBD is being progressively applied to patients with Psychological problems, such as, Schizophrenia.
- Research is still on to determine the exact level of efficiency in treating ailments like Addiction, as well as, Chronic Pain and Inflammation.
- In 2015, Neuro Therapeutics derived that CBD could actually be used to help lower the anxiety in relative behavioral disorders, like:
- OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder)
- SAD (Social Anxiety Disorder)
- PD (Panic Disorder)
- PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder)
- GAD (General Anxiety Disorder)
- Substance Abuse Disorders
- Oxidative Stress relates to a state where there are excessive free antioxidants in the body which cannot be neutralized. This causes Neurological Damage, and is a modern problem. CBD can help to reduce the Neurological Damage by neutralizing antioxidants.